Saturday, June 6, 2009

FL Trip Vol 4: Disney Round 1 -posted by katie

We were super blessed by our generous grandparents, and got to go to Disney twice: once with them and once with our cousin when she came (more on that later). My Grandpa works there so he gets free tickets... !

First we went to Epcot to do my favorite ride: Soarin' (a simulator where you're hang gliding over absolutely beautiful terrain).

The ladies of the party. Grandma, Elizabeth, me.
A spiffy fountain I spied at Epcot.
A "fairy house." We girls had fun creating things like this for our Star Wars men to "live" in when we were young...
In front of Epcot's icon: the huge silver ball.
Hello duckie.

Sleeping Beauty liked my pin necklace: until she realized it only had Star Wars pins on it *laugh*
She still found it in her to smile for the picture, despite her disappointment.
Minnie's dress was pretty...
Epcot was having a flower fest, and they'd put together quite a few lovely displays...
Sleeping Beauty and her Prince.
Cinderella's Carriage.
Chip from Beauty and the Beast (yes, I agree his lips look weird).
A butterfly...
My personal favorites: Beauty and the Beast.
After Epcot it was off to the Magic Kingdom. We had someone take out picture in front of the castle...

To get out of the heat for a while, we watched a really cute 3D show of Donald being his usual self.
Gramps with his gals.
I just HAD to ride the merry-go-round. I hadn't done it since I was like nine years old, and although I fool many people, I am quite sentimental at heart :) Memories are very important to me... (that's why I love pictures!). Here, check out Ellie's horse's mouth! Wow...
Grandma and Grandpa humored me :)
Yours truly.
Yeah for Peter's Pan's flight!
These guys were a LIVE band playing for the waiters in the Peter Pan line.
Really good too.
It's a Small World: always a must-do.
Back seat smiles.
Front seat attempts *sigh* (at least for me--Gramps looks great!)
Cute little fake people.

It was a great time, until it started raining! Disney is a fun place. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa, for making that possible!

Stay tuned because after I finish posting the FL trip, I'll post Elizabeth's 17th birthday which took place on May 27th (we celebrated May 30th after we got back). God bless!

No comments: