Tuesday, June 16, 2009

FL Trip Post 11: Remembering the Old Days...

1996 to 2001 this is where the Cochran family lived. Oviedo, FL. In the "English Tutor" (we kids used to laugh at that ALL the time!). We didn't own this house, but rented from a kindly landlord. It was on nearly an acre, and we had so much fun as children in that house... I was seven when we moved in and 12 when we moved out. When Ellie and I were in FL recently, I wanted to stop by and take some pictures... (I am a very sentimental person, at heart.) There used to be a HUGE tree right smack in the middle of the front yard (would have totally covered the picture below if it was still there) but our neighbors, who we still know and were visiting, told us the tree was dead, and had been cut down to avoid being a hazard in wind.

Mimosa Trial...
That yard was just awesome. Many a game of tag and hide-and-seek played there :)
A little closer. I must say it looks better now than it did when we lived in it! There were huge bushes all around the house, and those are gone now.
The side yard.
Front.
Our street to the left.
Our street to the right. Yes, we lived on a dul-de-sac! Perfect for a bunch of little kids...
View from the cul-de-sac.
This is Ellie and I with our dear friend Mrs. Ingram, who lives one door over, in the cul-de-sac. She had us to a lovely tea at her house :)

Well that ends our FL trip. We flew home the day after these pictures were taken... And while it's been good to be home, and I know there is a time for everything, I find myself thinking about and missing ALL the old houses I've lived in... From California to Colorado. I just hate moving, and would have been happy to stay wherever we were, forever. But a time for everything, and everything in its place, and God has seen fit to move us around quite a bit! Born in San Diego, CA in 1989, moved to Miami, FL, in 1992. Then to Orlando, FL in 1995, and then to Oviedo, FL (they're very close together) in 1996. Moved to north GA in 2001, to Denver, CO in 2007, and in 2008 we moved to Centennial (near Denver), CO, and here we still are, in our seventh home so far (at least, for Robert, Ellie, and I). God is good...

No comments: