Monday, June 29, 2009

The Birthday Bash!

Yay for Elizabeth's fun birthday! The original plan was to play frisbee and soccer in the park, and then come home for cake etc, but the sky looked threatening, so the plans changed to badminton in the yard, and then games inside.

Dad and the BD girl on the same team.
Smiles from Patricia.
Nice action shot, Shanna!
Ready and waiting...
Trishie was so smiley I had to take two pics of her!! :)
Robert retrieving the birdie.
Then it was indoors to play some Dalmuti. Boy is that game a riot! All you need to know is that there was a greater peon who had to wear a stupid-looking hat (that would be me in this pic). It's basically a game based on position and it's a blast. I don't know why everybody thought I looked so funny. I am seriously considering starting a new style: weird, unmatching winter hats in the spring. Come on, it'll be a total hit!
That is my poker face, for those of you who don't know (fake smile). And Ellie looks like she's plotting how to take over the dalmuti chair.
Amy, the Great Dalmuti (the highest position one can reach), along with Felicia, the Greater Peon (who is definitely looking the part).
Now she looks patient and long-suffering. I sympathized with her as I was the Lesser Peon (to her right).
Hey! Mary's turn to be the Peon!
And here I arrive, all the way from the Greater Peon seat, to the Lesser Dalmuti seat! Motivation, baby!
The game started out a bit slow (check out Hannah's yawn) but it sped up.
Candid.
All the merchants fraternizing (find Dalmuti, buy it, and play it!!).
Present/cake time!
Lovely flowers from the W family!
The gal of honor opening her cards.
Yummy.
Shanna enjoying her watermelon.
Two of the only three guys at the party hide in the corner, probably feeling totally outnumbered, and deafened by girls talking, laughing, giggling, chatting, and squealing.

Fia telling what was no doubt a lovely story.
Catch Phrase was nearly played at the end, but everyone had to go.
Val and Ellie.
Mary and Kristin.
*HUGS*


Mrs E and Mom.
Mary and Ellie.
Hannah and I.
Shanna, Ellie, Kristin.
CUTE :)
Ellie and Amy.
Friendsies.
How very attractive, Robert.
Sweet.


It was a fun time. Happy birthday Elizabeth!

1 comment:

o'Ward said...

Hi Katie!
This is really just so I can say I commented when I email you, which I'm planning to do shortly. :)
After starting a few blogs I realized how much fun comments are, so I'll do my best to comment more!!
Now, to actually comment on this post...
WHAT FUN!! I'm so glad you had a great time. As always, thanks for sharing pictures!
Love,
The other Katie
PS Check out my family reunion blog! (via my link--I think?)