Tuesday, June 9, 2009

FL Trip Post 7: Visit to St. Augustine -posted by katie

St. Augustine, FL, is where we have gone for many years for our annual Family Vacation. This year is no exception, and we are all looking forward to August! Grandma and Grandpa thought they'd give us a treat, and take us to St. Augustine a little early in the year to celebrate Danielle and Elizabeth's birthdays. First we stopped by O'Steen's to eat a yummy sea food lunch.



Elizabeth Joy.
Gramps and I!

Inside the building and about to EAT! Grandma, me, Danielle, and Ellie. Gramps kindly took the picture.

My BD is March 27th (and E's is May 27th--isn't that cool?!) and D had brought us belated gifts from their family. Really cool beach necklaces and cards.

After lunch it was time to stroll along the shop fronts of cute St. Augustine. What a darling town!

D took a picture of us four in front of the town clock.

And then we caught D GETTING SOMETHING OUT OF HER BAG, which is just not allowed in St. Augustine.
What a lovely fountain, with a lovely Grandpa beside it :)

Ellie quite unfairly caught me while eating. Hey, I just couldn't resist that comfy chair after walking for over an hour!

We liked those guys spitting water. Don't laugh at them.

Liked them so much in fact, we thought we'd imitate them! Personally, I don't think we look half as, um, charming as they do.

Danielle asked me weird and random questions for about 30 seconds and I was thinking, what is wrong, is she tired out, too long of a day for her? But she was meanly taking pictures AND video of me, without me even knowing it!
I think I realized about now.

Thanks for coming! I have like three more posts of the FL trip to post. Then it's E's BD, and then it's an awesome time we had at a friend's house (actually, the house where we used to live!). So stay tuned! I am trying very hard to catch up! :) Love you all...

No comments: