Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Smyrna Beach -posted by katie

The beach! I hadn't felt the waves on my legs or the sand under my feet for over a year! To say the least, it was a blast. Grandma and my mom took us to New Smyrna for a weekend (two weekends ago--yeah, this is late, AGAIN). We rented a condo right on the beach!

There was a lot of seaweed in the water. The only bummer about going AFTER hurricane season.
Robert has gotten into skim boarding.

Here he is telling me how to get better pictures. Typical.
I think I got pretty good pictures!

There was this cute town nearby and I brought the camera and succeeded in taking one picture! And this is it :) Ellie and I.
This is mostly what my mom (left) and my grandma did :)
That's my chair to the right of Grandma--so yeah, I was doing it too.

Our condo!
I was thinking about something...
Robert in the waves.
I posed, and posed, and POSED. I thought surely she had taken the picture (but wasn't totally sure) so said, "have you taken it yet?" Of course, she took it right then! Good times.
My mom was wild about riding bikes on the beach and she and Ellie went the first day.

Cute.
Robert enters the waves...
I wanted a picture of all five kids so here I am trying to organize it.
Come ON! *wink*
Finally!

Back to the ocean...
While Ellie poses for yet another picture :)
Elizabeth by the pool.
Robert and I went bike riding the next day.
It was fun.

Robert video taping the rainbow (see it?).
God's promise...
Our very dear friends the Stones came to visit us at the beach for several hours! What a delight it was to see them again... Here Anna (right) and I pose. We've been friends for, I think we figured out, at least nine years (correct me if I'm wrong, Anna).
Emily is also my and Elizabeth's dear friend.
The four amigos. Elizabeth was sad because she didn't have any sunglasses :) Anyway, the beach was so much fun. Anna, post the pictures YOU got on your camera that day too! Can't wait to see them :)

2 comments:

The Stone Family Band said...

Hey Katie!
I believe we've known each other since Olivia, Mary, and Trishy were babies! like 1-2 I think :D
We've had so many fun times together, haven't we?
I'm not going to make any comments about the pictures ;) I'll leave that to Anna :D
Love y'all and miss you... so sad we didn't get to see each other again :'(
Love,
Emily

Anna Grace said...

Yo Cochrans!
I do believe the stretch of our friendship has been 10+ years...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?! A grand 10+ years it has been. The beach time spent with you all was most memorabel...from swimming in the ocean to talking in the condo, and everything in between. Many, MANY blessings to you all. Sorry I haven't posted yet. Such business!
Love Ever,
Anna~for the Stones :)