Wednesday, September 10, 2008

4H Fair--posted by katie

I am dreadfully behind and I do apologize! I will be better from now on--promise. I actually have four events to post, but here is the first one in chronological order--I'll get to the others sometime soon, hopefully. About a month ago (yikes!) we went to a 4H fair where we volunteered. But before we had to volunteer, we got to have some fun! Enjoy the pics... It was a good time with family and a few friends.

Mary with a mini pony at the small petting zoo.
Blue-eyed baby.
Can you say, Cheesy smiles?
Robert actually WANTED a picture with these dudes.
Sweetness :)
Lovebirds.
The most fun of all--getting ice cream *jk*
As we were walking about the fair, we saw this white statue. I knew it was a guy acting like statue, but for some reason, Robert DIDN'T. He went up and said, "Get a picture of this with me" not knowing it was a statue. When he turned around for the picture, the guy put his hand around Robert's shoulder... Boy did Rob jump! Here is his reaction. We had a good laugh :)
Robert sheepishly takes a picture with him after all.
And then we girls had our turn.
Then it was on to the mutton busting! In case you don't know what that is (I didn't), it's where little kids get on sheep and hang on for dear life. While I felt bad for the kids, it was pretty funny.
Here's a girl doing it.
Watching the fun. That's our friend Eric.
We also watched a pretty neat bike show which would have been much better if the announcer hadn't yelled his lungs out the entire show *sigh*
This dude could do all sorts of tricks on a bike... Amazing.

This guy was completely insane. He kept on trying to do the same trick, and kept on seriously wiping out! Some would say stupid and some would say brave...





Here's that guy wiping out--I really did feel for him. But he always had a smile on his face. Incredible...



That guy again--he actually did the trick quite a few times without crashing, but he must have wiped out at least five times *ouch*
The last thing we did was visit the baby duckies.
I think we were a little sleepy at this point :)

That's all for now--stay tuned, more coming soon! (we went to two retreats in August and had a blast!). God bless...

3 comments:

Ali said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I wish that we had fairs here. Where I was born in PA, they have huge fairs. I enjoyed getting to see your fair. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, isn't that a miniature horse with Mary in the first picture? I may have read it wrong but I thought you said it was a goat. Made me look twice.

Katie said...

Oh Ali, I had to laugh at myself. Yes, that is a mini pony indeed. I will change it right away! I was rather tired when I made this post (you probably noticed all the typos too *smile*). Thanks for point that out. I miss you! Hug Mandy for me...

Katie said...

I must be tired now too because I made ANOTHER typo. *sigh* :)