Monday, September 22, 2008

Labor Day! -posted by katie

On Labor Day our dear friends the Waynes invited us to their house for tennis and a cook out! It was tons of fun--thanks W family! Felicia and I didn't play (I usually do, but just wasn't in the "mood") but everyone else did, making four even teams of two :) So it worked out well since there are only two tennis courts in their neighborhood. Anyway, on with the pictures!

Jake and Dad played Mr. Wayne and Robert.

Blurry action.
I love the sun glinting off the racket.
Teammates.
Dad serving.
Nice form.
Jake contemplates his next move.
Robert doesn't need to contemplate HIS next move!
Mr. Wayne.
Looks like Robert is skipping, doesn't it?
I don't get this dude.
Mr. Wayne and Robert team.

On the other tennis court were the Nic and Ellie team VS the Mike and Trishie team (Uncle Mike joined us for the afternoon).

Ellie is ready...
About to hit the ball.



Beautiful serve!
Valerie was an odd man out as well, but she did play some.
She was also very helpful with gathering the balls :)
Fia and I with our cameras.
The Trishie/Mike team.


Some good action there...


Doesn't it look like she's attempting to play her racket like a guitar? She did the funniest poses...
Nobody I know catches the ball like that! Love you, Trish :)
She apparently loves me too.
A nice serve by UM while Trish risks the big game to smile for me.
Nobody I know HITS like that either! (or attempts to hit anyway).

Felicia down the tennis net.
Yours truly down the tennis net!


I thought this picture was really cool--looks like he's making the ball float of its own accord...
Patricia takes a little rest--we're near the time of dinner.
Sisters! Youngest to oldest...
Close-up.
Dear Felicia, to whom I am grateful for many of these pictures were taken by her.
It was somebody's idea to have all the girls peer out from behind me.
Sisters united...
After much shouting and begging, we finally got everyone lined up for a group picture. Why are those always so much trouble? Anyway, this was a silly one.
Nice one.
Not ready one.
Perfect one.

Thanks for stopping by--I hope your labor day was at least half as fun as ours! God bless...

3 comments:

The Stone Family Band said...

3 cheers for tennis!!! Looks like so much fun!
Wonderful post, Katie! I miss you so much, I've got a lot of catching up to do on your blog...haven't looked at ANY blogs for several weeks. *sigh* Time gets away from me.
I wanted you to know that I'm thinking about and praying for you! I love you so much!
Many Blessings,
Anna :)

Patricia said...

Ahhhh!!!Katie..Saying ALL those mean things about me:) I love you anyway. Hehehe, I also will love to play a practical joke on you!!

~Trishie

Katie said...

Thanks, Anna, you truly are an awesome and true friend (and I mean that). Trish... So, I haven't received a practical joke yet! Bring it, sista! LOL And I wasn't saying mean things, I was making sense of your, um, interesting poses *wink* Love you too.