Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ladies at the Father Son Retreat -posted by katie

If my title is confusing you, let me explain. CHEC has this men's retreat every year up in the mountains, and for the past several years, ladies of the mens' families have come and helped serve! It was my mom, Ellie's and I's first year. It was a great time of fellowship and fun (and cleaning!). If I don't say someone's name that means I forgot it--sorry! A lot of these pictures are courtesy of the Ward family or Alice--thanks girls! Enjoy...

L-R: Elizabeth, Sarah, Heidi, Rebecca. What good food!
Some of the dish crew having some, um, fun.
Where the men met *gulps* :) Actually it was funny because in the introduction email we got, it said something like" no fraternizing with the men or boys." So all week it was a joke, "NO FRATERNIZING!" *wink*
The honorary dish crew.
The dish pit where the dish crew worked. It actually looked like a lot of fun and next year I'd like to do it. I was part of the PM kitchen crew, but I don't particularly love cooking (and I do love doing dishes) so...
Sarah, Elisa, and Laura. Sweet girls...
Sitting on the lovely porch in front of the dining hall.
Most of the girls were servers (there were about 40 of us altogether).
Can't remember the one on the left's name, but on the right is dear Ruthie.
Ellie, Annie, and Elisa.
I fraternized!
Taking a breather.
Rebecca and Amber.
Fun making lasagna for 500! Oh yeah!!!! That's Sarah and Megan (and that's me--you'd better have known that).
The guys had this tradition of playing this crazy game with this huge ball. I didn't really get it, but they looked like they were having fun.
Oh, and of course, what is a manly man retreat without a good old fashioned game of tug o' war?
That game again.
We were in a beautiful spot alright.
Mrs. Ward and Mrs. Einarson.
Mrs Og (middle) with her two daughters: Chavah and Hannah.
Mrs. Cheney (the one in charge) and her daughter (and my friend) Annie.
Mrs. Ward and her daughter, Amy.
Meredith, Bethany, and Mrs. Sechrist
Part of the huge kitchen.
Servers!
Alice helping the servers.
Looks like a Lord of the Rings shot to me... I can just picture the black riders prowling through those woods... But I can also imagine Frodo and Sam in them :)
Ellie, Amy, Annina, Ruth.
Dear Alice and Ellie.
Laura, Elisa, um, can't remember. And I thought I was good with names!
About ready to serve lunch to the hungry men.
Esther and Ashley
Smile!
Elisa and Hannah.
What a cute shot: Amy, Ashley, Amy ;)
The tables... We set them right after cleaning them following each meal.
The front of the dining hall.
Gorgeous...
Ellie and I were from the PM work shift and Esther and Alice from the AM, but for two hours every day 12-2) we were together. It was fun :) They insisted on doing a silly picture.
That's more like it.
Laura, Ruth, can't remember.
Friends.
One night at the lodge we all gave one another peticures and hair treatments. It was fun :)


Breakfast!
Blue skies.
Meri needed more sleep, I think.
Amy and Ashley.
Can't remember her name, and Annie.
Amy and Katie Ward.
Alice and Ellie again.
Nice aprons, ladies... *wink*
The kitchen workers from the camp were so helpful. It was really cute because two of them got engaged while we were there!

I hope you liked the pics--there were a lot! Have a great weekend...

No comments: