Monday, September 15, 2008

Sleeping, the Dizzy Lizzy, and Volley Ball -posted by katie

A little less than a month ago we traveled down to New Mexico for a family camp with the Reformation Church. It was a blast, our family mainly having fun with all the SPORTS we got to play. There was at the most, two sessions a day and they were only about an hour long, so we mainly played OUTSIDE! It was so much fun...

This is the position my dad spent most of his time in. *jk*
Thought you might enjoy a close-up (by the way, he didn't know I did this--talk about black mail!).
I'm sorry to say that the only other time I took pictures was the day we did family Olympics. My family...
Let's just say we were optimistic about our team winning.
We were on a team with the Smiths (who used to go to our home church--yeah, small world). First was the egg-on-a-spoon relay. Here comes Trishie!
I carry the egg with great care (it was a real egg).
Go Mom!
Mary was fast!
Robert was good too.


Dad was the last one to run and he was celebrating as he ran back, but as you can see, Mr. Roach beat us! (after all your team had completed the relay your team dad had to run into the middle of the field). I thought this was a funny pic.
Next was the three-legged race. I never did like that activity, but we managed to actually come in third in the entire Olympics! Here are the different teams... Mrs. Smith and Mom.
Trish and Mary.
I and Robert.
Ellie and Savannah Smith.
Dad and Mr. Smith.
I didn't get a picture of these two as a team, but they are the Smith boys.
So, Robert, THAT'S why we messed up--you looked up to SMILE AT THE CAMERA! Incredible. Notice that I am intensely focused. *wink*
Ellie and Savannah.
Go dads go!
Come on girls!
Interesting shot--thanks, Meredith, for taking these for us!
Next was a rather annoying relay called the "Dizzy Lizzy." It was basically... Run, get dizzy, ATTEMPT to run back as fast as you can because your team is screaming at you--plus, hope you actually run to the right team. Yeah... It was crazy. I was so dizzy I both didn't see my team and didn't hear them, so I ran to the totally wrong team and their team leader was like, as I stood there staring like an idiot no doubt (still getting over the dizziness), "We aren't your family." It was pretty funny.
Robert wiped out after spinning round and round and then trying to run fast.
Dad fell down right after I took this. Too bad I missed it... :(
Poor Trish had to try and keep her glasses on WHILE doing the dizzy lizzy!
Our entire team (minus me).
All my siblings played a lot of volleyball--never did care for the game myself though.
Robert gets ready.
I left after that, but Robert took some pictures of all the girls playing with this huge ball. Yeah... I'm thinking what you're thinking.

On the way home we stopped at Taco Bell for dinner (I could write a rather fat book on all the times we've stopped at Taco Bell for dinner). As we exited the car, ther was this adorable dog in the neighboring vehicle! Robert took a pic.
We had the view of an awesome sunset when about halfway home.


I hope you enjoyed! God bless...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey, Katie! Tell the family hello! I've enjoyed following all of your escapades and hearing about how everyone is doing. We sure miss you guys!