Monday, April 5, 2010

"May I have this Dance...?" -posted by katie

YES!! On my very day of birth (21 years ago of course), our dear friends the Schwisows hosted a fantastic country dance in a nearby church. Thank you, Schwisows! I have seldom had such a fun birthday :)

Mr Schwisow giving direction.
While waiting for lunch to be served (before the actual dancing), we played some bean bag game--attempting to get the bags into the wooden holes pictured above. Patricia was decently good actually!
Ellie was, uh, decently bad *wink*
The onlookers wonder their own private thoughts of the spectacle...
Robert in mid=throw.
The wide open room where the dancing was soon to take place! Excitement is mounting... :)
Pretty girls! Melissa, a friend, Mary, Mercy, Patricia.
Chili is served! The Sorteberg family kindly ate with us. Andrew, Mary, Amy, FeMei.
YAY! This was the elegant dance of Ring Around the Rosy... JUST KIDDING!
Doing the illustrious chicken dance. What possessed me I know not :)
There were TWO katies there whose BD is March 27th! Here we both are. I was turning 21 and she was turning like 37 or something like that...
During a breather, Robert attempts the stilts.
Ellie and Robert dancing it up!
Smiles!
The hosts of the dance themselves. I tried to get a face shot but to no avail... Sweet :)
Unlikely partners.
Mr Schwisow and Melissa lead the line dance.
Two cute little girls dressed alike! Darling.
Mary and James!
Robert and Patricia--check out that air!
Down the line...
A funny skit the caller organized all about "Uncle Zeke." :)
Ellie was in it! She did quite a great job.
MORE dancing! I love how dear Robert is kicking the opposite leg of everyone else :) He is such a sport.
Ellie and my turn to lead the dance!
Doing the fast kicking dance!
We all have a different expression in this picture: Mary-Mischievous, Katie-Ill, Robert-Clueless, Patricia-Happy!
Ellie and FuMei having a ball :)
dance dance DANCE!


I think the lads are tired out.
Robert loved the chicken dance just a little too much... *wink*
What a fun time. Can't wait until we do it again sometime!

1 comment:

o'Ward said...

What fun, Katie!

We've all enjoyed your pictures -- thanks for posting! Miss all you Colorado people. And I didn't know your b-day was in March! We are more alike that I thought. :)

Happy spring, and belated Happy Resurrection Day!

the other Katie