Friday, December 26, 2008

Family Vacation Finale: Boating! -posted by katie

The last day before we left, boating was on the agenda! Little tiny speed boats made for two--what fun! I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I did (although Mary kept informing me that we were going "granny speed"--not true!).



Excitement is in the air as we get ready. Robert and Jessica were partners.
Joe and Mary.
Don't you just love those bright green life jackets? L-R: Trish, Cora, Danielle, Mary.
And the first group is going out! I LOVE Uncle Michael's smile here! He looks so happy :) That's his son, Caleb.
"Let's ride!"
Line up.
The return (my camera isn't good enough to get too far away of shots).
Nobody got any pictures of me and the second group doing it :( But I think you get the general idea. Can't say I liked driving (surprisingly) because I knew the boat had the capacity to turn sharper and at a higher speed, but couldn't bring myself to try it. But when somebody ELSE is driving, all I can do is hold on and scream! *wink*
A heron I spotted. Florida has a peculiar beauty...

Thanks for bearing with my family vacation posts! I hope you enjoyed them... Now, on to something else!

1 comment:

Cora Enright said...

Ah. . . .I love Florida [: