Saturday, July 12, 2008

Take me Out to the Ball Game... -posted by katie

Last Friday Uncle Mike took us all to a Rockies baseball game. I must admit I was apprehensive because baseball has never been a favorite sport of mine, but it actually ended up being really fun. I'd been to two other baseball games and both of them had been rather boring. For one, we brought tons of snacks; for two, the game was really close and there were tons of home runs (which I've heard is not normal for baseball); and for three, when there are eight pretty goofy people squeezed close together, goofing off happens. There was a lot of pouring water and peanut shells on others, etc. Robert and Ellie had a bubble gum blowing competition--you get the idea :) Anyway, it was a blast. Thanks to Uncle Mike for treating us!

We went early for batting practice (UM and Dad wanted to get a ball--*laugh*).
And then there was this stranger in the stands and I thought he looked funny so I took a picture of him but, of all the luck, right as I clicked the shutter, he turned and looked at me. *joking* That's Uncle Mike.
Twinsies.
Enjoying the game.

Mother and I.
Blending with the multitudes--that game was full!
Sweet.
Sweeter *laugh*
After the game we got to watch an awesome fireworks show. They didn't actually start until like 11 PM, but it was worth it.












This one was my favorite...



It was a sweet time. Happy (late) fourth of July!

No comments: