Thursday, January 1, 2009

Olden Days... -posted by katie

OK, well maybe they're not "olden days" yet, but they're still old, and we were considerably smaller... I hope you enjoy pictures of us when we were small (and our parents/friends when they were younger). I have no order to these at all. Patricia just sent me a whole bunch of old pictures and I just posted all of them! So, enjoy and laugh away :)

The five of us in front of our grandparents' neighbor's house in FL. Now tell me we aren't cute! (keep in mind that you can click on the pictures to make them bigger).
Guess who... (by the by, there is no order to these--sorry! These are all from the ages of zero to like 11 or 12 at the most probably...).
I AM biased, but you have got to agree that that is one cute photo of a cute dude!
Um, I do believe that's me. Don't quote me.
My Uncle Michael (mom's brother) obviously quite proud of his truck (?). This was years ago...
Little Trishie is caught doing something bad! (very rare, I assure you). This was in our old house in Oviedo, FL.
This is one of my very favorite pictures of all time. Seriously, they all look like veteran dudes! L-R: Patricia, Cora (our cousin and the twins' age) and Mary.
Dad and Robert. Rob had this way of looking so pleased with himself (now that I think of it, he STILL has it).
Sleepy little man...
Elizabeth in a box. Yeah... We kept her in there when she was bad *jk*
I don't think Robert liked the water at ALL.
However, he liked candy very much indeed. On either side of him are our old friends, the Talbots.
Little Mowgli.
Robert and Peter Talbot.
Rob in his little element: holding a snake!
NOW he won't do this, but he used to (that is, ride a horse).
Wow, that was a lot of pictures in a row of Robert! On to a new subject... Dad and Mom! This was on their wedding day...
Dad with some of his old buds who he actually grew up with. L-R: Mr. MacFarlin, Mike (the guy we lived with here in CO for a year), and Dad. I am proud to say that I don't think Dad looks much different at all! (this was like over ten years ago).
Mom, Ellie, and I. Is it just me, or do we all look a bit sleepy?
Sweetness.
:)
Showing my love for movies at an early age (with our antiquated VHS video camera!). Don't I look so.... innocent? Yeah, innocent is definitely the right word...
Patricia Hope Cochran.
Robbie.
I think this was when I went to Disney with Mom and Dad.
Us three older ones with our friend, Josh Bercaw.
A pretty good pic of our old English Tudor house in Oviedo, FL. This is literally where I grew up... Good memories.
And our house in Miami, FL. I lived here until I was six so don't remember a whole lot of it, just that there were bars on all the windows... (it wasn't the best part of town). My dad was in youth ministry there.
Cute Bobby again!
L-R: Robert, Uncle Michael, Dad and Elizabeth, and a guy I don't know.
This had to be one of our very first family vacations! L-R: Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Anne, Danielle (cousin), Uncle Eric, Dad, me, Elizabeth, Mom, Robert, Uncle Michael, Aunt Janet.
Family picture. I believe this was like 01 during a Teenpact event...
This could have been 01 too...
Yet another delightful family picture (mom is pregnant with the twins).
In the backyard of our grandparents' in FL.
This was at an Easter party at our old old Church in FL.
Dad had a BD (this was in Miami). Check dad's, um, creative face.
That's better.
Dad somewhere in the wilderness.
This was my dad at the tender age of like 14 or something (I guess). Pretty cute, eh?
I think this was in Miami too, but not sure. Dad discipled a lot of african americans there...
You have got to click on this picture so you can see Robert's face! It is a hoot.
Don't quote me on this one either, but I'm pretty sure this is dad (far left) and his family.
Yes, this adorable child is me. *wink* I think about the only thing that looks the same is the eyes...
Dad and Elizabeth.
Dad and Papa (his dad).
I think this was Elizabeth's BD, but not sure on that one.
Plotting her next scheme, no doubt. That cute face is a cover-up. *wink*
Yep, me again, with an actual and real BED HEAD. Amazing.
Robert did basketball and dad was his coach.
Mom and Dad (right) with their dear friends, the Bercaws.

Well, that covers some family history! Happy new year. And let me say, I am so blessed to be in this awesome family :)

5 comments:

Ali said...

How fun! I love "old" pictures. I think I remember you saying once that Robert used to look like Titus- he sure did! My favorite is the one with all of you in overalls. What a sweet family!

Katie said...

You're right, I did say that. And I'm right, he does! *laugh* Really, they look like twins or something... (at that age). I miss little Titus... Thanks for the "sweet" compliment :) Love you!

Sarah said...

Aww! You guys were so cute! (still are) lol! :P

Sarah M

Patricia said...

hehe. LOL. We were all so likkle!!<3

Cora Enright said...

Im cute as a button [: