Saturday, March 15, 2008

Skiing for the VERY FIRST TIME!--posted by katie

Yep, the Cochrans actually went skiing for the very first time a couple weeks ago! Our cousins, who are avid skiers, were in town and had a blast (at least, I hope they had a blast!) teaching us. Unfortunately I never got any pictures of the actual ski time because my camera ran out of batteries on the way there :( But here a couple car shots...

Aunt Anne and Danielle.
The, um, back seat *no comment*
A couple of views...
Well skiing was great, even if I personally felt outdone by all my (younger) siblings. Oh well--it wasn't the first time (like when we went ice skating, I was totally holding the side the entire time and everybody else was speeding around like they'd been born on ice *no fair!*). So anyway, it was great. The only down-side were the SKI LIFTS. Those things scare me so bad... I hate heights and kept on picturing what would happen if I went plunging... Oh, and Patricia, my mom, and I accidentally got on the wrong ski lift and went seriously as high as is possible for human beings to go. We were right at the Continental Divide! I attempted to ski down the hill but totally wiped out so then the three of us waited for a snow-mobile to come rescue us and, actually, riding that was more fun than skiing! Anyway, it was an experience I will never forget--for good and bad reasons :)

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Oh my gosh! I <3 the on of the "backseat":) I look like an absolute geek! Haha..