Thursday, July 23, 2009

Shall we have Tea? -posted by katie

There is nothing quite like a ladies tea. Many homeschool moms and their daughters put together this lovely tea, where Stacy Mcdonald spoke. Thanks to everyone who put this together (including the women in our family! *smile*).

The Sortebergs had a hot table :)
Soft and springy.
Many little ladies, no doubt wondering when the prayer will FINALLY be said, so they can eat *wink*
Pink and white: a most lovely combo.
What's this? Ben Franklin in a tea bag? My stars!
Ah hah, now we begin to see...
My very favorite table! "Patriotic." "Give me liberty, or give me death!" (I like that quote.)
And here is our table. Not as fancy as some, but, notice that no other table had sea shells :)
My friend Katie's Mother's table!
Gotta love those eggs.
Another perfectly elegant table.
Rose petals--I love them!
FOOD. Wow, the food looked really good.
All I can think when I see this is CHOCOLATE.
Check out this cute little tea cozy!
We needed a LOT of tea pots to quench our thirst!
So many different styles.
Mary and Patricia with Simaya, the little girl ham. (sp?).
Trish takes the camera at this point for some artsy pics.
Um, yeah, it's a tea cup with tea in it! Rare I know.
Lillies, almost as pretty as roses.
My mom (L) with other moms! That baby is ADORABLE!!
Posing for the cam (Patricia and I).
Milk in action (way to go Trish!).
Smiles.
Our lovely harpist. She surely did make beautiful music.
Now we have tea.
Smiles!
Trish got the camera again :0
Nice shot. I have a weakness for anything beach-related.

Amy and I.

Have a tea sometime. It sort of helps to put things in perspective :) At least for task-driven me... Have a great week!

No comments: