Saturday, November 15, 2008

Family Vacation III--BD at Chef Mickey's -posted by katie

The first night we were at Fort Wilderness, we had the distinct honor to eat at the Disney Contemporary Hotel and celebrate my Grandpa's Birthday all at once :) The We all went to Chef Mickey's several years ago and it was neat to go again... Thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa for all your generosity during this wonderful time with family. Bless you.

Killing time before getting into Chef Mickey's. This is all twelve of the cousins! Ages 19 (me) to 7 (Jessica).
More waiting... L-R: Katie, Patricia, Cora, Mary, Grandma.
The girls with Grandpa. Lucky guy *wink*
Our annual Family picture! It's part of the meal at Chef Mickey's (notice the plate in the background). Remember, you can click on pictures to make them bigger.
Seated at last. The characters would come in waving napkins, and I think Caleb got into it :) Cutie...
The kids' table. Yes, I was at the adults' table! Sort of by default (not enough seats at kids' table).
Dad's desert plate. Um, his FIRST desert plate. My only sorrow that night was that lately I have taken to eating small portions at meals and snacking in between meals (supposedly this is more healthy) so I didn't ge to eat as much as I wanted to, especially in the field of deserts :)
The guys are READY! Born ready...
The ladies with Minnie. L-R: Grandma, my mom, Aunt Janet, Aunt Anne.
Some of the younger girls with Minnie. L-R: Cora, Jessie, Mary, Trishie.
Lots of people with Mickey!
Me with Mickey :)
Aunt Anne and Uncle Eric with Mickey. What a cute couple.
Goofy liked the kids' table and came by several times (I guess he was attracted to, well, goofiness).
Jessica was probably the only one really ENAMORED with the characters. Yes, we all enjoyed their presence, but she was awe-struck. Very cute.
This is why I love pictures: to capture moments in time that would soon be forgotten otherwise.
Plump Donald makes his appearance. And Jessica falls in love with him.

Pluto with the Patriarch and Matriarch. It if wasn't for these two, none of us would have been there...
And Goofy is back!
L-R: Trish, Danielle, Ellie, Jessie.
Funny, Dad, funny.
Donald surrounded.
Sweet.
Not quite so sweet.
In which Grandpa is surprised by a BD cake! He was very touched...
The crew one more time (plus Goofy)--as I said, he stuck around!).

Thanks for looking. God has truly blessed us to draw all my mom's side of the family to the Lord where we can have true fellowship and fun.

No comments: